Using credit and debit card information is one of the safest and most secure ways to access funds and pay for goods and services. To keep this peace of mind, here are a few easy-to-follow steps:
1. Never write your PIN on your card.
2. Never dispose of card receipts in a public area.
3. Only enter your card information on Web sites that are secure.
4. Never give your credit or debit card information to unsolicited callers.
5. Keep information about all your card accounts in a simple, secure place, so you can act quickly if one gets lost or stolen.
6. Change passwords and PINs periodically.
7. Do not use a credit or debit card for identification.
8. When keying in your PIN, be sure nobody else is watching.
To learn more about safeguarding your credit and debit card information, visit www.mastercard.com.
Never click on a link in a suspicious e-mail.
© 2001 - 2007 Womens-Finance.com
Your source for women's finances & financial advice
Free Budget Club Free Worksheets Forums Blog
|Credit & Debt|